Can code and text coloring setting be exported for use in other JB apps?

I have code coloring settings in one JetBrains application (PyCharm) that I would like to export and use as the basis for settings used on another JB app (PhpStorm). Is there a way to make this transfer? I realize that there won't be a direct conversion, but I wonder if theres a way to at least view (or export and import) and edit the files containing these settings in human readable format.
The settings are stored as XML files under the "colorSchemes" subdirectory of the config directory. The format is the same between PyCharm and PhpStorm, but, of course, the scheme configured in PyCharm will not contain any PHP-specific colors; you'll need to configure them manually after copying the xml file from the PyCharm to the PhpStorm settings directory.
--
Dmitry Jemerov, Chief Technology Officer, JetBrains

Excellent. Thanks!

These files now appear to function differently. What's a .icls file? What does 'XML_LEGACY_SETTINGS_IMPORTED' mean?

The files have a different extension because we've implemented support for attribute inheritance in schemas. They're still in XML format, and still compatible between PyCharm 3 and PhpStorm 7.
--

So the files to edit, if I do any manual editing of the XML, or want to back them up somewhere, are the .icls files, correct? The old .xml files are legacy and not where any new changes go, right?

Right.
--