How to use Pycharm 3 with AWS(Amazon Web Services) for remote development

Hi,

I am curious to know how I can use Pycharm 3 with my development environment in AWS.

In the previous version of Pycharm, I used to be able to open .py files directly in AWS; so used a SSH browser such as Cyberduck on my Mac and changed the default browser to Pycharm, and it worked well for me. In Pycharm3, opening a .py extension file directly from the folder only takes me to the initial screen and not to a window with the code.

Thanks!
Hi Shri, could you please explain more detailed which behavior do you expect and which one do you get.

Hi Dmitry,

Thanks for the reply. When I was using Pycharm 2, I could simply open up a .py file from the Finder on the mac, and it would open up the code inside Pycharm3. However, when I open up a py file now, it does not take me to the editor - instead to the "Welcome to Pycharm Page" with "Recent Projects" and "Quick Start". Earlier I used to use this feature to directly open a .py file from an SSH file browser and edit the code with one click.

I am also exploring the use of Vagrant and to develop locally now, as I believe that is the approach recommended for Pycharm with remote deployment such as AWS. However, it would be great if I could simply open up a .py file directly in Pycharm even from the Finder.

Thanks!

I'm still on Pycharm 2. It will open the file into any already existing project window. Does that not work in 3? I do like that. Another poster got the answer no to, "Is it possible to use pycharm as a simple editor?" http://forum.jetbrains.com/thread/PyCharm-1761