How to make spent time report grouping by day?

I'm now testing YouTrack 4.1.3. It has very useful feature - time tracing. But reports have restriction in my opinion. I cant create spent time report with grouping by day and by user. Is it really impossible or I dont know something? And can I retrieve information about spent time by another ways, REST API for example? (I mean not total time, but time for each work day).
Question is not answered.
Also asked by Vladimir Kloz Nikolay Klimov  
Hello Alexander,

Unfortunately, for now there is no obvious way to do it. But I would like to suggest you a workaround: navigate to "Create time report" tab, choose your project from the "Context" drop-down menu, choose "Group report by " as "Work autor", export this report to CSV. CSV report will be created for all project activities, but will have seperated column "authorName" in it with all activities each day.

We'll be happy to help you with any questions.
Regards,

Andrey Tigay
YouTrack engineer

Hi Andrey,

I can see date in CSV which is nice but have a question related to its format. How can I convert it to date?

I agree with Alexander that grouped list by date is very important. I'm evaluating Youtrack as well and this could allow us get time report for another system where we log the time on daily basis.

Regards,
Vladimir

Hello Vladimir,

Unfortunately, we have no other ways to get the date from report in YouTrack, but in general I would like to suggest you to convert CSV to standart .xls/.xlsx table and then configure date format for further manipulating with it.

However, it'll be better if you could provide us with your use-case (why it's impossible for you to use dates that are shown in CSV ?), we'll be happy to assist you then.

Thank you!
Regards,

Andrey Tigay
YouTrack engineer

Hi Andrey,
I've created JT-18665 for this which outlines the expected time report format (in high level).

My use case is following:
  • I usually work on various projects during the week.
  • Once a week we have to post time spent on projects to another system grouped by budgets per day .

YouTrack allows you to log time to assigned tasks (which is great and it also has date information) thus I expected usage of these data.

I can get the data I need by selecting single day in date selection control but I must go thru all week days one by one which is irritating.

Regarding CSV - I'm sure I can get export via CSV working but currently I have troubles to convert the date exported to human readable form.

Regards,
Vladimir

Hello Vladimir,

Thank you for the details, that makes sense, if you have some troubles with converting CSV to other formats.

So, you would be notified about any updates on your task. However, you are welcome to contact us to know about the current task state.

Feel free to ask any questions, we'll be happy to help!

Thank you.
Regards,

Andrey Tigay
YouTrack engineer

Hi Audrey,

We need similar reporting functionality. We are on cloud platform. When we export to CSV, the date fields are in a different format, e.g. 1386670215329. So not sure what is going on and how to format the date in Excel.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Arif Khan

Hello Arif,

Did you try to convert CSV to Excel? In your CSV, File-> Import-> CSV Import, choose Delimiters. YouTrack creates CSV with standard delimiters.

Thank you.
Regards,

Andrey Tigay
YouTrack engineer

Thanks for replying but not sure how your instructions will help me.

I get the date in the CSV but as mentioned in my post, it is not in the correct date format. For example, I get 1386670215329 in the actual CSV file. A sample CSV is attached.
All Projects.csv (20KB)

Arif,

Thank you for details. Now it's clear. I wasn't able to reproduce this. so I have exported csv with correct date format.
Does this reproduce for all users? I assume this may be caused by vesions of office packages. Did you try this with OpenOffice or some other tools?

Thank you.
Regards,

Andrey Tigay
YouTrack engineer