Set up IDEtalk

Hello,

I have YouTrack InCloud instance and the latest IntelliJ IDEA ultimate edition. I am stuck setting up Jabber account, also I can't find any documentation regarding my issue. Could someone please tell me how to setup IDEtalk in IntelliJ IDEA with YouTrack InCloud, thank you.
Hello Jusle,

IDEtalk and YouTrack Jabber-bot uses different protocols.
Unfortunately, for now, implementation of your use-case is implossible.

Thank you.
Regards,

Andrey Tigay
YouTrack engineer

Hi Andrey,

Thanks for your reply. Do you mean you have designed that like, hmm, like Microsoft's Office 2013 would run only on Mac for example, but not in Windows 8? So do I need to have two different Jabber accounts? Now I am confused even more.

Hello Jusle,

IDEtalk use another configurations. Another one reason that you cannot add YouTrack Jabber account to IDEtalk contact list is that you don't no YouTrack Jabber credentials.
In other words, when you try to add contact to IDEtalk list, you need to set login and password of existing jabber account. So, you have no permissions to know the password of your YouTrack Jabber (<yourInstanceName>@myjetbrains.com>).

But I've found a workaround for you: you can add your own jabber account to IDEtalk contact list. Let's say, it will be your GTalk. All contacts will be imported to IDEtalk account including your YouTrack contact (<yourInstanceName>@myjetbrains.com>). By default, I assume that you have YouTrack jabber added to your GTalk.
In this way, you will be able to use YouTrack jabber-bot via IDEtalk plugin.
For that, please navigate to IDEtalk plugin interface ->add contacts by Jabber ID -> add existing contacts.

If you have any questions accordingly this workaround, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.
Regards,

Andrey Tigay
YouTrack engineer